Sunday, July 3, 2011

Art Deco and Mid-Century at the Masterpiece Antiques Fair in London

We were in London last week and went to the 2nd annual Masterpiece Antiques Fair. It was terrific for inspiration. The dealers create 'rooms' to display their wares, and here are just a few that will have me looking at auctions for pieces inspired by these.

I was definitely drawn to the Art Deco dealers and pieces. I had seen this dealer on Pimlico Road the day before, and had to seek out their booth at Masterpiece. The dealer is Ciancimino, and they are of course Italian! I love Italian Deco. In this photo my eye caught the fabulous parchment cabinet against the wall with a frame made of these wonderful chairs. I like the chandelier as well. Great taste!

This room display has lots of interesting elements. I love the mid-century display shelves , and the two ceiling fixtures in the corner.  The chairs are pretty cute too! I love their heart shaped backs.

I often think of Mallett Antiques as the top of the line in 18th century antiques, but in this case the 'room' is made modern  by this Art Deco Venini chandelier, circa 1925. The shape in fantastic and the blue glass is wonderful.

These French Art Deco chairs were designed by Paul Jouve. They are a classic Deco shape, and have very period upholstery too. This display couldn't help but attract attention.










We had great fun wandering the fair, and getting inspiration for future auctions. The price tags were generally in the stratosphere for the likes of us, but auctions often provide more affordable opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...