Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Checking auction results

Probably the best way to prepare yourself for bidding in the future is to check the results of the auction where you flirted with a few items, and maybe didn't bid. At the Doyle's auction this week I considered bidding on two paintings and now see that I probably should have!

This painting was estimated at $300 to $500 and sold for $225!


The horse painting I liked was estimated at $2,000 to $4,000. You may recall that I saw something very similar at the Winter Antiques Show for $4,500. This painting sold for $1,600! Both bargains in my view.

 

You can't regret these things too much or it will haunt you. I still have memories of things I bid on and lost and wonder if I should have done something differently. I guess I get a bit attached! In the case of these two painting we knew that we didn't have space for them, so it was the right decision. BUT....

There's always another auction to look forward to!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...